Today I'm Going To Work In The Other Province.(Thai: วันนี้ฉันจะไปทำงานต่างจังหวัด) | Learnthaifreeonline

Today I'm Going To Work In The Other Province. What can I speak Thai?


Image: Samuth Prakan province


In this lesson, you will learn some useful Thai sentences such as Highlight as follows;


⟴ Today I'm going to work in the other province.


⟴ วันนี้ ท่าน จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด ไหม


⟴ Thai good to know Quiz and Answer


Sawattdii khrap(สวัสดีครับ) Hello, everyone.

My name is Leng. I'm Thai. I have been posting this blog "Learn Thai Free Online [LTFO] - With Michael Leng" for years.

I just would like to share my ability in Thai as it's my native language to anyone who's interested to learn Thai. In today's posting, you will learn how to speak Thai about the lesson..."Today I'm Going To Work In The Other Province. (Thai: วันนี้ฉันจะไปทำงานต่างจังหวัด)"... I hope that this my lesson will be fit to your expectation.

Thai good to know Quiz!


Do you know how to say this word "What’s the retirement age in

your country?" in Thai?

Today I have to go to upcountry or the other province apart from the place that I usually work for. To go to work in the other province (จังหวัด[jang-wàt ]), in Thai say as:


วันนี้ ฉัน จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด

wan née chăn jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt

Today I'm going to work in the other province.


And now below you will learn about how to make question sentences. All the following sentences can be used.


วันนี้ ท่าน จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด หรือเปล่า

wan née tâan jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt rĕu bplào

Are you going to work in the other province today?


วันนี้ ท่าน จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด มั๊ย

wan née tâan jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt mái

Are you going to work in the other province today?


วันนี้ ท่าน จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด ไหม

wan née tâan jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt măi

Are you going to work in the other province today?


วันนี้ ท่าน จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด หรือ

wan née tâan jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt rĕu

Are you going to work in the other province today?



วันนี้ ท่าน จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด หรือ ไม่

wan née tâan jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt rĕu mâi

Are you going to work in the other province today?



วันนี้ ท่าน จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด หรือ เปล่า

wan née tâan jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt rĕu bplào

Are you going to work in the other province today?


For the most sentences, I have taught you above, you will see the word ท่าน(tâan) = you in them. I'm going to tell you that in Thai language, there are many words give the same meaning as "you" in Thai. I will take just only the two more words to teach you now, and for the rest, I'll teach you in the future lesson.

The first sentence in this part, you will learn the word "คุณ(khun) = you" using in it. "คุณ(khun)" is the personal pronoun. It's a polite word. You can use it as the same as "ท่าน(tâan)".


วันนี้ คุณ จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด หรือ เปล่า

wan née khun jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt rĕu bplào

Are you going to work in the other province today?


Here is the word that you must focus more and more. I do not suggest you use it at all. It's an impolite word. If it that so, why do I pick it to teach you in here?

I just want to do my best duty as a teacher. I would like my learner to know what is all real and pure Thai.

Anyway, I will never forget to leave my notice about what's good, what's bad in my lesson, of course.


วันนี้ มึง จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด หรือ เปล่า

wan née meung jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt rĕu bplào

Are you going to work in the other province today?


The word มึง(meung)=you, is very impolite. It will be used for a close friend to talk to each other or a familiar person.


I think you would like to know how to answer the question sentences as they are above. Okay, here we go to learn more as follows:

In this part, we are going to learn about the general sentence that it can be spoken by both male and female.


ใช่ วันนี้ จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด

châi wan née jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt

Yes, I'm going to work in the other province today.


Now, you will learn about the sentence which is specific for a male to use only. Where is the work in the sentence identify it is for a male to say.

Do you see the particle ครับ(kráp) at the end of the sentence? It's the Thai language particle using to put at the end of the sentence to show the politeness from the speaker to someone that he talks to.


ใช่ วันนี้ ผม จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด ครับ

châi wan née pŏm jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt kráp

Yes, I'm going to work in the other province today.


Whereas, the below sentence is used by female only to talk to someone. The particle ค่ะ(kâa) will tell you that it's a speaker is female.


ใช่ วันนี้ ฉัน จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด ค่ะ

châi wan née chăn jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt kâa

Yes, I'm going to work in the other province today.


It comes to the last sentences for today's learning. I will take you to how to answer with the "No" sentences. Okay, let's into it right now the below sentences.

In this part, let's start the "No" answer sentence for a female first. The two vocabularies in the sentence will help you to notice it easily.

The words, ฉัน(chăn) and ค่ะ(kâa), which are with the highlight, are for female.


ไม่ วันนี้ ฉัน จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด ค่ะ

mâi wan née chăn jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt kâa

No, I'm not going to work in the other province today.


And of course, it's time of the sentence for female. I think you think that same thing as I'm trying to guess.


ไม่ วันนี้ ผม จะ ไป ทำงาน ต่างจังหวัด ครับ

mâi wan née pŏm jà bpai tam ngaan dtàang jang-wàt kráp

No, I'm not going to work in the other province today.


This sentence is the future simple if compare to English’s tense. The word “จะ[cha] = will” indicates for the future.

Now, I'm going to break down all the vocabularies from the sentences above as follows:

วันนี้[wan née] = Today

ฉัน[chăn] I, me

ท่าน[tâan]

ไป[bpai] = Go

ทำงาน[tam ngaan] = To work

Thai good to know Answer!


 a. ประเทศคุณเกษียณอายุเท่าไหร่

 b. ประเทศคุณทำบัตรประชาชนอายุเท่าไหร่

 c. ประเทศคุณเข้าโรงเรียนอายุเท่าไหร่

Link recommended👉 : Shortcut Keys How To Fixing Monitor Screen Accidentally 'Upside Down'
Link recommended👉 : English Numbers In Words 1 to 1000000

If you have any business, live and/or just come to visit Thailand. To know a bit about the Thai language is very advantageous for you.

Just take a tour of our free Thai lessons blog, then you will find many various Thai sentences in different situations that they might be fit to your need in talking to Thais.

I hope our lesson is beneficial to you.

Loving this article? 

Please, share it with your friends, I will be very happy if this small private blog can go to any social network and help the people who are interested in learning about the Thai language.

I will be glad if receiving any feedback from you. They will be such treasures--in case any error in this blog--it is for my future improvement.


See you again in our future post. Don't for to stick around.

Thanks for reading.

Posted by:Michael Leng


Press like if you like, press share if you love.

See more sentences:
คำศัพท์(khamsap) | Vocabulary
ออกเสียง(ok-seang) | Pronunciation
แปล(plae) | Translate
วันนี้ wan née Noun today
ฉัน chăn Pronoun I, me: Commonly used by females (Occasionally, monks and men might use it too).
จะ cha will, shall, going to to
ไป bpai go
ทำงาน tam ngaan Verb [to] work
ต่างจังหวัด dtàang jang-wàt Stative Verb, Adjective. [to be] provincial ; up-country ; out of town

Comments