I Am Sorry.(Thai: ฉันขอโทษ[chan khothot kha]) | Learn Thai Free Online



"I Am Sorry" What to say in Thai?


To speak "SORRY" in Thai about some of your fault, offensive behavior and making excuse when you are going to request for helping such as asking for direction, to get a thing for you etc.


The sentence to use: 

ฉัน ขอโทษ ค่ะ
chan khothot kha
I am sorry./Excuse me.

ผม ขอโทษ ครับ
phome khothot khrup
I am sorry./Excuse me.

Sentence for reply:

ไม่เป็นไรค่ะ/ครับ
mai pen rai kha/khup
Never mind./It's alright.

ครับ[khrup]: is the Thai ending particle for MAN using it for making a sentence sound more polite and show respect to the one you talk to.

ค่ะ[kha]: on the other way, if you are a woman, you should say the Thai word "ค่ะ"[kha] at the end of sentences.

Just remember the Thai particles below
  • Khrap(ครับ) is for male
  • Kha(ค่ะ) is for female
For example:

If you are female, you will say the sentences above with the particles like this,

ฉัน ขอโทษ ค่ะ
chan khothot khrup/kha
I am sorry./Excuse me.

On the other way, if you were the one to answer, you just say; 

ไม่เป็นไรค่ะ
mai pen rai kha
Never mind./It's alright.




Now, it's time for male.

If you are male, you will say pretty similar to the sentences for female, but there are only the two words that is not the same. Let's check from it.

ผม ขอโทษ ครับ
Phrom khothot khrup
I am sorry./Excuse me.


And you will also say like this in terms you are answering to the question.

ไม่เป็นไรครับ
mai pen rai khrap
Never mind./It's alright.

Topics
Details
Sentence: ประโยค[prayok] ฉันขอโทษ ครับ/ค่ะ
Pronunciation: การออกเสียง[kan-ok-siang] chan khothot khrup/kha
Translation: คำแปล[khamplae] I am sorry.
Vocabulary: ศัพท์[sap] ฉัน[chan]=I,
ขอโทษ[khothot]=sorry

Posted by:

Michael Leng, blogger



See more sentences:

คำศัพท์(khamsap) | Vocabulary
ออกเสียง(ok-seang) | Pronunciation
แปล(plae) | Translate
ฉัน chan I
ขอโทษ khŏr tôht sorry, apologize
ครับ khrup Thai particle putting at the end of sentence for men use indicating more polite
ค่ะ khâa Thai particle for women use indicating more polite(affirmative sentence)
ไม่เป็นไร mâi bpen rai [to] be ok ; be all right ; be nothing
ครับ khrup Thai particle putting at the end of sentence for men use indicating more polite
คะ khá Thai particle for women use indicating more polite(question sentence)

Comments

Post a Comment