What's Your Name? (Thai: คุณชื่ออะไร [khun chue a-rai])

To question Thai's people name. Here are how to make questions since supposing you speak to Thai.

Sawattdii khrap(สวัสดีครับ) Hello, everyone.


I'm Michael Leng. Today I will take you to learn sentence for making a question and reply about name of the people.

Tab: Learn Pure Thai FB

If you know some basic Thai words. So, this sentence is not too difficult to learn it will take only a few minutes.

A statue of a man selling taro root in an old day

image source: Asiatique

Just say like these below.

ขอทราบ ชื่อ คุณ ได้ไหม ครับ/ค่ะ
khosap chue khun dai hmai khrap/kha
May I know your name please?

คุณ ชื่อ อะไร
khun chue a-rai khrup/kha
What's your name?


ชื่อ [chue] = name
ขอทราบ [khosap] = may I know

ฉันชื่อ...เล้ง....ครับ
chan chue...Leng....khrup
My name is Leng.


[Man say with Khrup as for more polite. Can use as the end of every sentence when speaking.]

ฉันชื่อ...ไอริน....ค่ะ
chan chue...Arin....kha
My name is Arin.


[Woman use Kha for more polite as well.]

Notice:

"khrup" is just a word denote polite for men to use, women say with "kha" instead.

For me, I will find time to visit my only father and buy him some little things.
How about you?

Well, we come too far, let’s stay around for the next lesson. I’m going to find a good one for you!

See you next time.

Thanks for reading.

Posted by:Michael Leng


See more sentences:

Comments