Yes, It Is.(ใช่ ครับ) / Today Is My Birthday.(วันนี้เป็นวันเกิดของผม) | Learn Thai

"Today Is My Birthday." Learn how to speak in Thai




The former article was about teaching how to say in Thai “วันนี้ เป็น วันเกิด คุณ หรือ : Is Today Your Birthday?”. That is the question sentence.

Thus, to make it completely, you should know how to say the answer sentence as well.

Here below are the sentences for saying “YES” answer:
ใช่ ครับ 
châi khrup
Yes, it is. 
วันนี้ เป็น วันเกิด ของ ผม 
wan née bpen wan gèrt khong pŏm
Today is my birthday. 
Read the above sentence carefully, you will see the particle word at the end of the first sentence; "ครับ[khrup]" and also the word "ผม[pŏm] = I/me"

Those two words are for using by men only.

The other particle "ค่ะ[kha]" and the word "ฉัน[chan] = I/me" are for women to say.
ใช่ ค่ะ 
châi kha
Yes, it is. 
วันนี้ เป็น วันเกิด ของ ฉัน 
wan née bpen wan gèrt khong chan 
Today is my birthday. 

The particles of Thai language are for denote of respect from speakers to anyone who is talking together.

Posted by:
Michael Leng, 



คำศัพท์(khamsap) | Vocabulary
ออกเสียง(ok-seang) | Pronunciation
แปล(plae) | Translate
ของฉัน kŏng chăn my (for women)
ของผม kŏng pŏm my (for men)
ครับ khrup Thai particle putting at the end of sentence for men use indicating more polite
ค่ะ khâa Thai particle for women use indicating more polite(affirmative sentence)
ใช่ châi yes
เป็น bpen is, am, are, was, were
วันเกิด wan gèrt Noun birthday
วันนี้ wan née Noun today

See more sentences:

Comments